CoolTouch Laser Treatments for Acne
CoolTouch® laser treatments reduce acne and acne scarring
for all skin types. Unlike other therapies that address
bacterial symptoms only, CoolTouch® targets the source of
acne, overactive sebaceous glands. During a CoolTouch®
treatment energy is applied in gentle pulses over the
treatment area. The energy penetrates deep enough to
shrink oil glands and decrease their capability to
produce acne without affecting the oils necessary for
healthy skin. The laser’s heat also gently stimulates
the dermal tissue, which triggers a repair mechanism,
and your body begins to rebuild and replenish your own
natural collagen without injury to the skin’s surface.
As new collagen is produced, acne scars begin to
disappear and your skin begins to look and feel softer
- What does a treatment feel like?
- CoolTouch® treatments can be performed on any area of the
skin. The laser energy feels warm to the skin, almost
tingling. Depending on the severity of your condition,
your physician may decide to use a CoolTouch® patented
cooling mist for comfort.
- How long does a treatment take?
- Treatments take 10-30 minutes, depending on the area to
be treated and the severity of the condition.
- How will you look after treatment?
- You may experience mild redness in the treated area for
a short period of time following the procedure. There’s
no downtime, so you can resume regular activities
immediately after the treatment – and even apply
make-up, if desired.
- How many treatments will you need?
- Typically, it takes more than one treatment to achieve
the optimum level of improvement. On average, patients
receive 3-6 treatments to prolong improvements.
- I have darker skin, is the CoolTouch® laser treatment
right for me?
- Unlike some lasers whose wavelengths aren’t appropriate
for darker skin, the CoolTouch® laser uses a 1320
nanometer wavelength which targets water in the skin,
not melanin. This means the laser will safely treat any
skin color without causing pigmentary or color changes
to your natural skin tone.